Last Updated: May 20, 2019
The Information We Collect
We may collect different types of perfonal information. Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
Depending on the product or service, we may also collect information, such as your credit history, assets, employment information, social security number. We collect this Personal Information when you interact with us on the Site.
We May Use and Share Personal Information
- to improve our Web site and marketing efforts.
- to have vendors provide the financial services you requested.
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- to send you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- if you purchase a product or service from us, to complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
How to Unsubscribe or Revoke
Third Party Information Collection / Tracking / Cookies
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads. Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a third party partner for the purpose of recognizing users and delivering to them interest-based content and advertisements. We may share information about you with our partners such as your name, postal address, email, device ID, or other identifier in encrypted, hashed or de-identified form. Our partners also may collect information from you, such as your IP address and information about your browser or operating system; may combine our personal and non-personal offline information about you with information from other partners in data sharing cooperatives in which we participate; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information; they may contain demographic or other data in de-identified form. To opt-out of third party cookies, please go to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice page. Internally, we may also use cookie data stored on your computer to match up with 3rd party demographics data. If you wish to disable cookies, you can do so at your individual browser level.
Links to Third Party Sites
- Smarter Choices may link to other websites or services.
- These third party services have their own privacy policies regarding data collection and use.
- If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies.
How can I edit and/or request my personal information
Upon request via email to email@example.com, Smarter Choices will share any information that has been collected about you. If we have in fact collected your personal information, you can have us correct any factual inaccuracies via email. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Storage and Security
- We will retain personal information, including user location information, only as long as our business needs require. We will then destroy or render unreadable any such information upon disposal.
- We believe the security of your information is a serious issue and we are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your information under our control.
- Depending on site requirements, we may employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to transmit data between a consumer’s browser and our web server. To use our websites, a consumer will need an SSL-capable browser such as MS Internet Explorer 4.0 (or higher) or Netscape Navigator 4.0 or higher.
- We require that client network/vendors handle consumer information under confidential conditions.
- Notwithstanding such security measures, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Services.
- Although we have agreements and vetting procedures in place for third parties, We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
- You should note that the security of your personal information also depends on you. Please do not communicate any information to us through unsecured channels, such as when you are in public areas. Where we have provided you or you have chosen a password, access code, or similar security feature, you must keep the password, access code or security feature confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone. If you believe your password or account has been compromised, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minors and Privacy Issues
This site is intended to be used by people the age of 18 and older. We do not knowingly allow any users under the age of thirteen to use our service. However, if you become aware of the existence of a user who is under the age of thirteen, or that an individual under thirteen has provided their information to us, contact us immediately with details at email@example.com. If you have been reported as being below thirteen by another person, we may request that you verify your age to us, including providing us a copy of your photo ID as a condition of your continued use of our service. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, you may contact us to request this information be deleted.
California Privacy Rights
- If a change would authorize the use of your personal information for a new or materially different purpose, then we will send you an email notification. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have a current, working email address on file for you.